From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick question misplaced graph label panel color

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have 2 quick questions but couldn't find it in the search, maybe I wasn't hitting the right keyword.  Anyway.

1.  How do I move the label "Interval" back to center and have it stays at center at all time? 

2.  Is there a way to programmically change the panel background color?

Thanks

graph.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,791 Views)

Hi lavalava,

point 2 is easy:

Open a reference of the panel, wire it to a property node and select "Color"...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(2,777 Views)

Gerd,

Where do I find that option cuz I don't see it?  I get an empty array too:

colorPanel.png

Could I please get a screen shot or vi saved as 8.6 from you?  Screen shot is easier.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,765 Views)

Hi lavalava,

sorry, I just used LV7.1 to verify my suggestion.

Starting with LV8 you have to use the panes. The first pane will (most likely) be your panel and exhibits your color setting...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,754 Views)

Gerd,

I did dugged through Pane[] too but couldn't locate BG Color setting anywhere.  Decos[] was only place that lets me set BG color but it keeps returning null array so I wasn't able to set it.  I'm sure it must be hiding somewhere, where could it be...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,748 Views)

Hi lavalava,

panels/panes don't have a BG color - they only have a "color" property. Can you tell me the difference of foreground and background for the pane(l)?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,738 Views)

If you right click on the scrollbar of the Front Panel you can Right-Click->Create Property Node->Pane Color.  You will get a single property node nicely linked to the proper pane.

Message 7 of 9
(2,728 Views)

Okay #2 was answered. Thanks, Darin.

So how about my question #1, is there a way to move "interval" back to center without creating a new graph?  I kept running into this problem so creating new graph everytime isn't a good practice.  There has got to be a way to prevent LV from doing that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lavalava

If you want to keep that label centered you can use the following:

WaveformGraphCenterLabel.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,708 Views)