From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick question about the write to measurement file express VI

Does the write to measurement file express VI open and close the file that it is writing to each time it is called like the write to spreadsheet file and write to text file VI's do?  The reason I am asking is that I am using the write to measurement file express VI inside a loop and I dont want open and close the file it is writing to over and over.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,824 Views)

Quick Resopnse-  From digging though the Xvi (convert to regular vi and you can drill through itSmiley Wink) It does seam to open and close the file (more than once) for each call.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,821 Views)

Does this mean that I shouldnt be using it in loop?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,819 Views)

PAt answer.

Don't Use Express vi's.  For the most part they are not designed for effiency but for ease of use.  If your use case does not need to worry about performing a few extra calulations/ operations go ahead and take the performance hit.  Better, learn the file IO Palatte functions and how to use them and you'll be writing software in LabVIEW rather than "functional code" in no time.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,815 Views)