From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi rt detection issue in MACX

hi frenz,

i'm using PXI-8186 RT for my application. The issue is, sometimes RT is detected in MAX and sometimes it's not detected in MAX. If once i do format and reinstallation everything, it's been detected and again it becomes unable to detect in MAX. give me the solution if anyone knows..... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,098 Views)

ragu,

There are many factors that can cause your RT PXI not to show up (networking, firewalls, software, driver, etc). The most common issues with real-time targets not showing up in MAX are outlined here:  Why Does My CompactRIO Controller Not Show Up in Measurement & Automation Explorer?. The document is written for cRIO, but some of those run the same RT operating system as your controller (PharLap). One difference is that you will not need the NI-RIO driver to see the PXI.

If you are connected through a router or a switch, I would try connecting directly through a crossover cable and see if the problem goes away:  Connecting to a LabVIEW Real-Time (RT) Target with a Crossover Cable

Cheers, 

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,081 Views)