From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 1078 with 8370 MXI Exp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am using pxi 1078 chasis with 8370 mxi exp card. Now the problem I dont seem to understand is that If start my computer before starting the chasis 1078 , NI Max doesnt seem to recognize the chasis and all the modules in it ? After doing a bit research on NI i found that the chasis should be on before turning my computer but is there a way around it  ?

Second question once everything is started if I plug the cables out of 8370 MXI  and then Initialized the any card in the chasses using Daqmx CreateChannel (DI or DO), but it doesnt give me any errors as all the comunication is done by 8370 MXI. So how can I detect this comunication with 8370 and chasis error ?

Best Regards,

Ali Asad

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,531 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nolsqn

The chassis should be powered on before the host PC, so that when the BIOS loads...the PC can find all the hardware in your system.  In reality, the PXI hardware just needs to be on "in time" and not literally "before".  As such, if powering on the chassis before the PC is difficult, you can configure the PXIe-8370 to power on when it detects that the PC has powered on.  This is done via an NI utility that you can find at the link below.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F645F5669E9D4B568625716A007D22DB

robert

Message 2 of 2
(2,512 Views)