LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pump driver quandary

Hi, I need some help with setting the flow rate of a dual syringe pump. I have a 3rd party cd driver that links Labview with the pump. The cd has a stack of vi's on it and I'm not sure which one suits my application. I'm looking to inject carbon dioxide into a polymer extruder, and set and vary these amounts. From a long list of VI's I've narrowed it down to the vi posted below. If someone is familiar with this, I hope they would'nt mind having a look at it. I'm pretty new to labview and cant make head nor tale of this VI.

Thanks
D
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,829 Views)
Hi, disregard my previous post please.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,804 Views)
Hi,

I'm assuming this is now resolved.  If not please let me know.

regards,

Seamus
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,781 Views)
Hi Seamus,

No, the issue has not been resolved I'm afraid. I just thought it was unfair heaping this VI on someone else to explain to me, especially when I'm not even sure if it is the correct VI for my purposes. For starters, I'm using a dual syringe pump, and the vi I posted is for a multi-pump. I basically need to interface my PC with the syringe pump so I can control the flow rate through LabView v7.1. I'm using cFP, with several other modules, including an analogue input and output. I think if I can get the flow rate first off I will have achieved something.

I would appreciate any help, thanks,
D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,761 Views)
Hi Damsin,

I had a look at the VI above (which has a lot of sub VI's missing).  I think it may be easier to start from scratch.  There may even be an example which would closer suit your application in the NI Example finder. 

Before we start I will need some more information. 

You said it is a dual syringe pump,  how is this pump connected to your compact FieldPoint (cFP)?
What modules have you connected to your cFP?

Seamus
NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,751 Views)
Hi Seamus,

I have the pump connected to the serial slot on the cFP module 1808. The other modules I'm using are an analogue input and analogue output, a strain gauge module and a thermocouple module. Their numbers are cFP-AI-100, and cFP-AO-210 and cFP-SG-140 and cFP-TC-120.

Thanks
D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,733 Views)

Hi Damsin,

I will be able to help you to set up your cFP modules.  You will have to use the 3rd party driver to control the pump.   

Do you have details on how the driver works?  Do you know who has wrote the driver?  What type of functions can the pump preform, ie flow on/off, speed, direction.

seamus

niuk     

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,681 Views)