LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pull-down menus in labview?

Or perhaps you mean something like this?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,480 Views)

hi Ian

thank you, but not like that.

Tab control should be visible only when cursor on the any of three page buttons.

iam trying to convert my idea into image.

hari

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,472 Views)

If I interpret what you want correctly, you can do it a couple of ways, depending upon whether you want total control of what the menu looks like or you want a system looking menu.

If you want the system looking menu, use an event structure and code in mouse and menu events to generate it.  It has been awhile since I did this, so the details are hazy, but it is written up in the LabVIEW help.  Essentially, on a menu activate event (when someone does a right click on a control), set up the menu the way you want it.  They will then select the menu and you have to handle the menu select.  If you want a menu on left click, you need to intercept the mouse down event (use mouse down? event) on that control and convert the mouse button from 1 to 2, then follow the above instructions.

If you want to show something other than a menu (e.g. a tab control), you will need to create a separate VI containing the menu items.  You can make the background of the VI transparent, so it will appear to be floating over your other panels.  On a mouse down/up/enter/??? on your control of interest, launch the separate VI.  You will probably want to make the separate VI modal (see VI properties - appearance) to avoid issues with it disappearing behind your other code.  For information on how to launch separate VIs and how to get data into and out of them, see this series of posts.

If neither one of these helps or you need more info, keep posting.  We will try.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,446 Views)

Hi

I added a screen shot sequence with cursor position.

Mainly tab is  slides from the left when the cursor on respective slective option.

Can any one did this program please give a solution.

Regards,

Hari

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,413 Views)

Hi Hari,

you would need some MouseEnter-Events for the "slider" at the left. Use those events to switch some other tabs to different pages...

See attachment for a demonstration (LV2009)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,386 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I need some more in your program atleast one tab page visable constantly.

My requirement is when i move my cursor over the page selection buttons then only tab page should appeared, remain time all tab pages should invisable.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,368 Views)

Hi Hari,

just do it - there's a visbility property too...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 17 of 17
(1,353 Views)