LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

protecting ip

I have a suite of controls which I have developed over the last 10+ Years.  I often distribute them with applications and would like to protect them.  Is there anyways of locking controls so that they could not be easily distributed.  Better ip protection would be nice to facilitate add-on packages.  Ie allowing controls/vi to link to a liscence manager.  Is there any method of doing this simply, outside of specialized X controls.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,441 Views)

Would password-protecting each VI be an option?

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,412 Views)

Password protection doesnt apperar for controls.  and PW protection only keeps users from looking at the block diagram.  I was hoping ni would allow for vi liscencing mechanism.  Something similar to how its addon packages work..  Vis and controls must validate a liscence file to allow the vi or control to enter run state.  This is very hard to retro fit but could be encorprated into the labview environment.  Has anyone had any suscess with something of thsi sort.  It is hard to justify selling addons if piracy is too easy.  I dont mind releasing some work open source, but if I specifically write an addon as a product it would be nice to know that it is used as inteneded.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,364 Views)

I don't think there's an answer for you in the current LabVIEW environment.

But that sounds like an idea for the development team.

I would send a request to the tech support team asking for that feature. 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,357 Views)
You could consider something like CrypKey.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,297 Views)