From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proper use of stacked sequence structure

@JÞB wrote:
There is no "proper" use case for a SSS.

I agree. The benefit (skipping a comparison) is very slight to the downsides (harder to read code, inflexibility, maintainability and so on). If you're hunting those clock cycles of performance your problem probably lies elsewhere. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(586 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Thats like saying "Remove Globals and Locals."  It really makes no sense.  Sure, the SSS, like Globals and Locals, can be abused.  And, unfortunatly often is!  But, it does provide a syntatactic element in LabVIEW that serves a unique purpose.  [...]

@JÞB wrote:

Yes there was a recient CS type discussion on the SSS, I started it.  I'm not really a CS guy.  

"Any sufficiently advanced [discussion] is indistinguishable from [Computer Science]" ~ paraphrase of Arthur C. Clarke's third law

I love lurking around those discussions.

<edit>

Hey!  It was YOU!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@JÞB wrote:

Thats like saying "Remove Globals and Locals." It really makes no sense. Sure, the SSS, like Globals and Locals, can be abused. And, unfortunatly often is! But, it does provide a syntatactic element in LabVIEW that serves a unique purpose. [...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's smart stuff, right there.  I don't even know what that means, and I can't recall that it was explained later in the thread.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(580 Views)

We can make you life a lot easier now that I know you are using an Agilent 34970.  That instrument will accept a channel list.  Meaning you don't have to do everything separately in loops.  Just make a list of all of your channels and do everything once.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 14
(559 Views)

Good morning

"We can make you life a lot easier now that I know you are using an Agilent 34970.  That instrument will accept a channel list.  Meaning you don't have to do everything separately in loops.  Just make a list of all of your channels and do everything once."

There is probably a way to do it in your suggestion as well, but as far as i can see it makes it a litle bit harder for me to start / stop the "batches" of reading seperately?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(526 Views)