From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project online

hey,

I have made a labview project and want to put this online without using client-server or Web UI Builder (since it does not all the function I need for the project) is there a way to do this? and if how do I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,743 Views)

Please explain what you mean by "put online".

• available for download?
  • remotely viewable front panel?
  • Remotely controllable running program?
  • etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,733 Views)

By online I mean like a website were mutiple users van use the project without affecting each other

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,729 Views)

Define "use".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,724 Views)

Running the program or application without downloading it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,721 Views)

Can I also ask which functionalities you need that client-server or Web UI Builder cannot provide?

Sorry for all the questions, but the more information we have, the more likely that any advice given will be useful to you!

Best regards,

LeahE

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,658 Views)

Hey, 

The program uses eventstructures, menu,  a table That will change color and it uses the tool box to export data to an excel sheet.

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,652 Views)

I wouldn't recommend this at all.  I would make some kind of distribution (an exe would probably be best) and have everyone that needs it run it on their own machine.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,633 Views)

Another alternative would be to set up a virtual machine and use a clientless remote desktop gateway to access it through a browser. I think Apache Guacamole can be configured to to view only a single application instead of the remote desktop, and you could compile your programme as an .exe so that the virtual machine does not require LabVIEW.

I'm not sure if this approach would be suitable for multiple simultaneous users though.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,618 Views)

I have just discovered a program called Cameyo that might be suitable. You could run your .exe from a browser, and I believe it is free.

Let me know if this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,600 Views)