From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project explorer 2010 slow

Hi All,

I am working with a labview repository of over 30,000 files.  I want reorganise the structure of the repository and to do this I intend to use project explorer. 

The problem I am having is as follows:

1. I create a new project and add the labview repository directory as auto-populating.

2.  The first 7,000 files seem to get added very quickly but then the pace slows down dramatically.

3. After 45 minutes, less than 12,00 have been added. 

4. CPU usage sits around 50%, so it is not using the dual core potential.

The whole process complete in about 45 minutes last Friday but has slowed down dramatically. The PC has two 2.8GHz dual core procesor and 3GB of RAM.  Any ideas why it it would take so long to add files to the project explorer?

Sean

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,985 Views)

Hello Sean,

My name is David and I am an Applications Engineers at National Instruments UK.

Having read your post there a couple of questions that I have that may help to establish the problem:

1. It seems that you are trying to upload a very large number of files, could I ask why you have this many files in one repository?
  2. Are there any other applications running on the computer at the same time, and if so are they running at full speed or do they also slow down?

If you could go and try to add the files again and see if other programmes slow down alongside the Project Explorer and then let me know the outcome then it could play a part in figuring out the issue.

Hope it all goes well.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,931 Views)

Hello Sean,

This is David from National Instruments again.

Just checking to see if you still are having the same problem with the Project Explorer performing slowly. Please let me know if you are still having any issues with this.

Regards

David B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,918 Views)