LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

progress bar not showing after building my .exe (application)

Hi,

after building my application, when I run it, the progress bar that was correctly working before, seems not to work. Any explanation?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,025 Views)

@agyna wrote:

Hi,

after building my application, when I run it, the progress bar that was correctly working before, seems not to work. Any explanation?

Thank you.

You're going to need to be far more specific. Attach something: code, screenshots, LabVIEW version, platform, what have you tried, what defines "correct" operation... anything.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,002 Views)

I have this part of the code running perfectly, with the progress bar as show here. But when I build the .exe and run it, the progress bar is not showing.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,986 Views)

Is the progress bar subVI set to show its front panel when called? Make sure the build specifications don't remove the front panel.

(For example, if you call it by reference, LabVIEW cannot tell and might remove the panel during the build (by default)).

It is difficult to tell without seeing actual code. can you attach a simplified version? How is the subVI called?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,970 Views)

Hi,

I have posted some code simplified code here whit the .csv file you can try.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,953 Views)

Well, we probably need the progress bar subVIs too. They are the central point of this discussion. Who wrote them?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,951 Views)

it is attached here:

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,899 Views)

Well, the progress bar is run by reference (using a lot of depreciated properties, this thing is ancient and very convoluted!).

Since it is not called directly, the exe builder has no idea if the front panel should be retained or not.

When creating the build spec for the executable, you need to find "progressbar.vi" and make sure the front panel is retained.

SInce it is not called directly, you also need to add it to the  "always include" section under "source files".

Now go to the "source file settings" section. Select  the "Progressbar.vi" and look below the [Customize VI properties] button on the right.

Uncheck "Use default save settings" and then uncheck "remove front panel".

That should do it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,889 Views)

Never mind, problem solved. Something has to be fixed in the build specifications property.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,885 Views)

@agyna wrote:

Something has to be fixed in the build specifications property.

What is "something"?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,876 Views)