LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programatically launching reentrant clones

OUTSTANDING!

And I see you found out about the refnum compare piccadillo the help file mentions.  

How dynamic is that value wired to P?  (If its ever larger than the number set in the configure loop parallism dialog you might get one more nasty surprise)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 11 of 13
(499 Views)

This particular controller will incorporate 16 thermocouple input channels, which can be grouped in any desired user defined configuration from 1 to 16 groups.  Each group of thermocouple measurements is then subject to some signal processing resulting in one process variable per group for the PID.  Consequently, I set the number of parallel loops in the Configure Iteration Parallelism dialog to 16 (the expected maximum), but generally there will be only 3 or 4 actually fed to the P terminal.  That number is not really dynamic - it is set by the user in a configuration dialog prior to entering the control loop, and the thermocouple configuration can be changed at any time, but generally it is set, the preallocation code runs, and then the controller operates on the resultant size array(s).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sean

Message 12 of 13
(492 Views)

No problem.  I made you do most of the work anyhow.  Makes for a fun day learning all that stuff!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(477 Views)