From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programatic stop for jpg output

Hello,

I have a programatic stop in my program tat is working properly for the graphical output. I also have a series of jpg images being read at the same time but I can't seem to figure out how to get the programatic stop to stop the images. I want the last image read to continue to be displayed when the stop button is pressed. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
Ellie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,414 Views)
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Are you using something else than the LabVIEW picture functions to display the .jpg's? If so, what? Or is the problem that you have the picture functions in a separate while loop that you want to stop at the same time as another while loop?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,414 Views)
The entire program is in LabView. I have figured out the problem for the most part. The remaining difficulty is with passing a .jpg through a case loop to the output screen and the shirt register. The error I'm getting is saying the data types don't match, but I don't understand why. When the Video was inside the case loop, there wasn't a problem with the data type and now there is. I have attached the file for further explination. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,414 Views)
The for loop you have creates an array of pictures because of the auto-indexing feature. That is the difference in data types. The picture control does not accept an array. If you want to display a single picture of the array, use the Index Array function to extract the picture you want. If you also want to display the pictures as they are being loaded, use a local variable inside of the for loop.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,414 Views)
I'm afraid I don't understand your answer. In order to stop at the picture I would like to display, where would the Index Array function go? I understand how to display the pictures as they are being loaded.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,414 Views)
Here is your Vi fixed to display the pictures as they are loaded and then to display the last one when done. The index array function is placed outside of the case statement where the array of pictures is. The last picture in the array is clear.jpg. If you want a different picture, just cahnge the array index.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,414 Views)