From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process and save a picture

Hello

I tryed to make a code with Labview to process and save a picture.

I have 2 cameras, connected to a CVS, and I want to save only the red, so I created a Labview code to extract only the red with Vision Assistant, and I add this to the exemple call "snap an save to file.vi".

But when I tried to run the program I have the folowwing message:

imgSessionAttribute.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library imaq.dll:imgSetAttributeFromVoidPtr:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.
LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library imaq.dll:imgGetAttribute:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

What can I do for that?

I join the image of the program and the file

save red.PNG

Thank you for your hepl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(2,960 Views)

Hello mcatieau,

Can you run any example Vision-related code?

Can you try one of the simple "Grab" examples of the NI Example Finder (eg. "Grab.VI") to see if it works?

Did you always get this error with all Vision-code/applications?

I haven't personally seen/experienced this error before, so it might be that the error is (like mentioned in the message) due to some incorrectly installed software on the RT Target (CVS).

There are also a few things that I wouldn't expect one to try to run on a RT system.

The one that "bothered" me the most are the Dialog Boxes.

These should not be used on a RT system like CVS, but these will not cause the error you're seeing.

Do you have much experience with writing RT Applications (for the CVS)?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(2,920 Views)

I tried the exemple call 'grab.vi', and it work, but when I tried to include my Vision Assistant programm I have the following error message

Capture.PNG

I think it it because I wired and "image out" to an "image Scr", but I didn't find any way to convert that.

thank you for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(2,891 Views)

Hello mcatieu,

Can you show via a VI what you mean with "when I tried to include my Vision Assistant programm"?

It is at this moment not a 100% clear what is going wrong.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(2,881 Views)

Hello

This is the "grab.vi" where I include the Vison Assistant vi

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(2,877 Views)

Hello mcatieu,

Some questions:

- Do you have the possibility to test your code on your local pc with a webcam?

When I do this it does seem to work correctly. (as long as I specify a correct/existing camera interface)

- Are you sure you specified the right camera?

- How are you running this VI (locally or on the CVS)?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(2,861 Views)

Hello

It seems working with my wencam, so I don't understant why it don't work with my camera, because I'm really sure that I selected the right camera.

I connected my camera to the CVS and the CVS with the laptop.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(2,855 Views)

Hello

It seems working with my webcam, so I don't understant why it don't work with my camera, because I'm really sure that I selected the right camera.

I connected my camera to the CVS and the CVS with the laptop.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(2,850 Views)

Hello mcatieu,

How are you deploying it to your CVS target?
Can you share a zip-file that contains your complete project?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(2,842 Views)

hello

I just add the vi to the CVS taget by a right click on the cvs and "new vi", and when I tried the vi I always check that the CVS was connected.

I send you the project

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(2,836 Views)