LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with labview 2013 build specification

Solved!
Go to solution

I have some LV2010 VIs that I'd like to use to create an application to run with RTE2013. I have LV2013 on my computer. 

Without doing a mass compile of the LV2010 VIs, the Source Files selection item in the build specification has no Project Files to choose from and it won't allow me to browse to look for them.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,494 Views)

You don't actually have to do a mass compile to put an earlier version of a VI in a project. Just don't do a "Save All". Smiley Very Happy

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,479 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:

You don't actually have to do a mass compile to put an earlier version of a VI in a project. Just don't do a "Save All". Smiley Very Happy

Mike...

I haven't saved any of the VIs when I closed them.

I'd like to designate a "Startup VI" in the Source Files section of the Build Specification. However, there are no VIs in the Project Files section to choose from and it won't let me browse for any VIs.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MinerHokieRamp

Right, you need to create a project and put in it all the VIs to be included in the build -- including the one that is the top-level VI. Once that is done you can save the project, just don't resave the VIs.

Now you should be able to define your build spec as per normal.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,474 Views)

Okay, I was trying to select files but didn't realilze I had to add them in the main project screen.

Executable wouldn't make because the VIs are broken due to lack of some DLLs on this PC. I was hoping it would make so I could try it on a PC with the DLLs.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,461 Views)