From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems of installing NI-DMM on Labview 8.5

Hi ,

I bought PXI chasis, PXI controller, and DMM (PXI 4071).

Labview 8.5 has been installed in Windows XP in controller. I tried to install NI-DMM.

But after installation, I didn't find nidmm.lib under labview 8.5, that is, there is no nidmm.llb under instr.lib of  labview8.5.

So when I open example "Switch scanning with DMM-handshanking.vi" the all vi of DMM are displayed as "?".

What is wrong with my installation?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,209 Views)

Hi AhGang,

It does sound as if your installation of NI-DMM failed.

First, however, I would check to see if NI-DMM is on your system, partially installed or perhaps in another location. You can open Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and expand the Software Tab in the Configuration Tree to the left. Under Software, you should see NI-DMM if it was properly installed. You can also check by going to Start>> All Programs>> National Instruments>> NI-DMM.

Second, I would look in the Control Panel, under Add/Remove Programs>> National Instruments Software>> NI-DMM. If NI-DMM is present in this location you can try to Modify the installation, which should let you indicate where you would like the driver to install.  If modifying the installation doesn’t fix the problem, you could remove and then reinstall the driver.

If NI-DMM is not present in any of these locations, then the installation was a complete failure and you will need to reinstall the driver.

I hope this explanation helps. Good luck, Mallori M.

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,190 Views)