LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with windows 10

I have installed LabVIEW 2016 on my laptop, but even though i have windows 10 and the software should be compatible with it, the app does not launch. Can i do something to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(4,461 Views)

What kind of antivirus are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(4,456 Views)

McAfee LiveSafe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(4,434 Views)
  • What (as precisely as you can remember) did you install?  Did you install the "standard" (32-bit) version of LabVIEW 2016?  Was it from a "kit" or from a Web download?
  • Did you install additional Modules or Toolkits?
  • Did you install any Drivers?
  • Is NI MAX present on your desktop?  If it is, open it, expand the Software Tab as much as you can, and take a screenshot to show us.
  • Is any other version of LabVIEW (or even a piece of another version) installed on this machine?

Incidentally, LabVIEW 2016 is perfectly compatible with Windows 10 (x64) -- I have it running on my laptop in this configuration.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(4,419 Views)

@silvanaioana wrote:

McAfee LiveSafe

Try to see if disabling it makes any difference (some AV are quite intrusive, see e.g. here).

Does it work better if you run it as administrator?

Does it show up in the task manager even if the window does not show?

Do you see any errors in the windows log?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(4,417 Views)

The version of labview i have is in file 1, in file 2 is the message i get when i try to launch the app, in 3 are files that appear in MAX folder. I had installed a while ago other version and when i uninstalled it some file remained and i was not able to erased them, some of them are in pic.4

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(4,407 Views)

Are you sure this is a legitimate copy of LabVIEW?  I wouldn't necessarily trust downloading something that wasn't coming from NI.  I know it says "academic" verison, but those prices are super cheap.

Message 7 of 28
(4,396 Views)

it comes from NI, my university gives us access to this versions, and we can only use them for learning, nothing more

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(4,391 Views)

From your other post, you are in Romania and according to this page "Onthehub" is for US and Canada. (From the link, it seems your university has a special arrangement (but why are  the prices in dollars?) Seems legitimate, though.

You might have to ask whoever gave you this link. Is this a campus resource?

Did you reboot after installing?

Was there ever another LabVIEW version installed on that computer that did not get removed correctly?

What does the NI license manager say?

Did you ask around? Do your classmates have the same problem?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(4,372 Views)

I'll "echo" Altenbach's latest post, and my earlier post, but ask the questions a little differently:

• Has LabVIEW 2017 or LabVIEW 2018 ever been installed on this machine?  If so, you may have a problem installing LabVIEW 2016, as NI changed how they manage installations and Licensing starting with LabVIEW 2017.
  • I asked if you had NI MAX installed on your PC (which usually installs, and I would expect it to be included in a Student Edition of LabVIEW).  It's icon looks like this:MAX Icon.png.  If it is there, then (as I said) open it, expand the Software Tab, and send us a screen shot showing the Software that MAX thinks is present.  If MAX is not present, tell us that, as well.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(4,357 Views)