From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with panel resize option

Hi all,

I am working on an application which i want to run on all the different resolutions. So, i searched the whole LV forum to get the solution for my problem.

after going through many related discussions i found that one should develop the app in the min resolution which it should support and in the VI properties the option for panel resizing should be tick marked.

i did exactly the same, but still couldn't get it worked for my application.

i am developing my app on 1024*768 resolution. it runs fine on the same resolution if i don't tick mark the resizing option. but, when i tick mark the option and run the app on the same resolution, it crops some part from the bottom.

I am attaching the picture of the interface when run with resizing option and without it.

Pls look into the prob and let me know how can i make it work?

Thanks,

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,348 Views)

That is because your taskbar is taking some place in the monitor. so you have to reduce the resolution of your application little bit and choose "maximized" option in the Windows Run Time Position Property of the VI

Anil Punnam
CLD
LV 2012, TestStand 4.2..........
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,332 Views)

THe problem doesn't seem to exist if i uncheck the resizing option in the VI properties. and the display mode is already set to maximized and still it's not showing the complete interface.

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,326 Views)

Still looking for a way out..

Help!

Ritesh 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,308 Views)

For a GUI of this nature, there is no easy answer to this problem.  Search the forums for "large font" to get many examples of how people have solved this issue.  I usually bite the bullet and handle all resizing myself.  An example of this can be found here.

Since you want to cover the entire workspace, you need to know what this is.  There are two VI server methods which will give you pieces of this information.  Display:All Monitors will give you the valid coordinates for all monitors attached to the computer.  Display: Primary Workspace will give you the useable workspace of the primary monitor.  This does not include the space used by the Windows taskbar (and, I assume, the GNOME, OS X, or KDE equivalents, but have not verified this), so is different from the area given by the first property.  You can fairly easily determine which display is the primary workspace by checking bounds, but do not assume that the taskbar is on bottom of the display when you do this.

If you have problems finding information or something is not clear, let us know.

Message Edited by DFGray on 03-03-2010 08:10 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,279 Views)