From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with installer made with labview and its drivers

Hi everyone. I’ve encountered some trouble while trying to install a program developed through LabVIEW 14 which is able to control some measurement devices. As the program uses serial communication protocols, it needs NI-SERIAL Runtime 17.0 and NI-488.2 14.0, both which can be found on the installer. The enterprise’s computers where the program is trying to be installed already have LabVIEW 12 in them. Thus, the drivers included with this version are on the computers. To be more specific, they have NI-SERIAL Runtime 4.1 and NI-488.2 installed. Whenever we try to execute the installer, it shows a window saying that we need in uninstall the drivers previous versions so it can download an update. This represents an issue because our enterprise doesn’t want to uninstall any previous drivers from the computers. Is there any other way to update the drivers without uninstalling the previous ones? Thank you so much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,023 Views)

Hi cris29.

Sadly, there is no way to have both versions of the drivers installed in one PC. May I ask why does your company want to keep the older versions? We could try to find a workaround depending on what you need.  Otherwise, I think the simplest solution would be to try to save your project for a previous version (LV 2012) and rebuild your .exe and installer in one of the PCs with LabVIEW 2012.

Javier Rangel

Applications Engineer

National Instruments Mèxico

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,966 Views)

hi JRangel

thanks for your solution, i did what you said and it worked.

Message 3 of 3
(1,949 Views)