Did you mean: 

problem with Agilent B2900 Series drives

Solved!
Go to solution

I guess you're missing a : after RANG.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(748 Views)
Solution

if it is missing, i think it should be before rather than after. 

According to the programming manual it should be: 

:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG:AUTO ON;AUTO:LLIM 2.000000;:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG 2.000000;:SOUR1:VOLT 0.000000;VOLT:TRIG 0.000000;:SOUR1:FUNC DC;FUNC:MODE VOLT;TRIG:CONT ON;

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(740 Views)
Solution

@billko wrote:

I guess you're missing a : after RANG.

Bad guess.

SCPI commands start a root or ":" then traverse command trees with colons and semi colons.

Eg :System:sub1:sub2:param1 val;param2 val is the same as :System:sub1:sub2:param1 val

:System:sub1:sub2:param2 val 

Because the semicolon backs up 1 tree level

So the silly

:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG:AUTO ON;AUTO:LLIM 2.000000;RANG 2.00000

Is really 3 commands

:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG:AUTO ON

:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG:AUTO:LLIM 2.000000

:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG:AUTO:RANG 2.000000

Looking at the second and third we can see somebody done something wrong.  I'd guess the individual commands were shortened with semicolons and then reordered after a code review.  Oops. 

The command parser can probably forgive the second command since AUTO and llim are at the same level.  But, range:auto:range is going to require penance. 

Unfold the semicolons and use the output of mode ( either :SOUR1:Volts or SOUR1:Current) as the staring string for the other parameters.  And you should select either RANG:AUTO ON or RANG:AUTO OFF; %g .

Then provide the feedback to the IDN site 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(730 Views)

Hi, thank you so much for suggestion.

Now the issue has been solved by adopting your suggestion.

Very crucial point is, we need to predefine the channel and Current/Voltage when using RANG, which was omitted in the original IV provided.

:SOUR1:VOLT:RANG:AUTO ON;AUTO:LLIM 2.000000;:SOUR1:VOLT 0.000000;VOLT:TRIG 0.000000;:SOUR1:FUNC DC;FUNC:MODE VOLT;TRIG:CONT ON;

Thanks again for all your help !!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(704 Views)