LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem when setting cursor position property

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to use property nodes to set the cursor position programmatically, following an arrow keypress.  When my actual data file plotted, the position assignment doesn't work properly.  If I clear the data from the graph (right click, clear graph), then the cursor responds properly.  I've attached a zipped file with VI that demonstrates the problem.  Sorry the file is large--I had to include my data file to properly demonstrate the problem.

Thanks for any advice that help me clear this up,

Allan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,552 Views)

I think maybe you just need to set the 'active cursor' value first before trying to change its position.

Attached is a simplified version of your VI that seems to work the way you want it to.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 2 of 5
(2,532 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bracker

@bracker wrote:

I'm trying to use property nodes to set the cursor position programmatically, following an arrow keypress.  When my actual data file plotted, the position assignment doesn't work properly.  If I clear the data from the graph (right click, clear graph), then the cursor responds properly.  I've attached a zipped file with VI that demonstrates the problem.  Sorry the file is large--I had to include my data file to properly demonstrate the problem.

Thanks for any advice that help me clear this up,

Allan

Include this code in 'Initialize' state.

Initialize.png

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 3 of 5
(2,530 Views)

Troy, Any chance you could convert that to LV2010. I haven't updated lately.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,499 Views)

Here you go...

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,489 Views)