LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem vi server and app builder

Hello,
I have got a weird problem which needs external help.

For localizing my app, i use the vi server with an exported string file in that way which is descripted in the discussion forums/knowlagebase.

I got a "bootloader" VI which starts the sets the frontpanel data of the main vi and starts this main VI via VI-server.

This works in fine when i execute it in the LV-Environment. All labels and captions are correction. But when i build an executable app. It seems that same of the captions are not read in. The text remains, as i named it as default. I use the same resourcefiles as i do for the LV environemnt. the executive is located in the same directory as the source code. So sourcecode and exectable should have the same run conditions. I created an automatical logfile of VI-Server, no error.

I dont konow what is going on. It is going to drive me mad. Thanks for every little suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,113 Views)
This is most commonly caused by the fact that an EXE is basically an LLB, so to get the path of the directory relative to the VI, you need to do an additional Strip Path if you're running an EXE. You can check by using the Application>>Kind property or by downloading the OpenG packages, which include a VI that gives you the top level directory. In general, when you have a problem like this, you should create some indicators which will help you debug it. For example, have the loading VI open its FP and show you exactly which values it's using.

(2,108 Views)

Hi,

Yes, did strip the path as descripted in the knowledgebase and it point to the right destination.

The point with the debugging indicators is already implemented. It show the same result.

The weird thing is that the most controls DO have the caption specified in the resource file exept two controls.

These to controls remain in default name what is specified in source code. I deleted the and inserted them new, exported the whole strings

but same result. The  problem is that the object which doesn´t adapt are two string constants. When i import these string in lV in sourcecode they contain the right expressions. The debug inticators show the same. But if i import these string in the executable the debug indicator and the destination control show all the default value. It seems that these constant aren´t be updated by VI Server. But the logfile says ALL RIGHT.

???????????

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,102 Views)
It sound weird. How about posting the code which loads them, so we can see for ourselves? Write some instructions in the VI for how to reproduce this exactly.

(2,094 Views)