LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem reading in config file in LabVIEW 8.2.1

In LabVIEW 7.1 if I use the LabVIEW configuration file vi's to read in key-value pairs from a simple file like the following...

[first section]
abc="myvi.vi"
variables=""Pause Duration (ms)"" <--Note double quotes here... That is intended...

The value I get as output for the key = abc would be myvi.vi (what you see for that line in the file above with the quotes ("...") removed... The value I get as output for the key = variables would be "Pause Duration (,s)" (what you see for that line in the file with one of the two sets of quotes removed... So far so good as that's exactly the behavior we want...

However, we are now upgrading this code (and lots more) from 7.1 to 8.2.1 and when we put this same config file through the same code updated to LabVIEW 8.2.1, we now get ALL quotes removed, even the second set in the variable lines above...

What has changed between 7.1 and 8.2.1 to prompt the "read key" vi in 8.2.1 to drop BOTH sets of quotes... Is there any way to get the code to leave the one set of quotes in place on any line where we started with double quotes???

Any input or help would be much appreciated... thanks... bob...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,198 Views)

Hi Paris,

This behavior was reported to R&D (CAR #4C91P1BW) for further investigation. The best workaround for you is probably to introduce the characters that you would like into strings and merge them into the strings created when reading the configuration file, or to use the outputs as they are. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Amanda Howard
Americas Services and Support Recruiting Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,157 Views)