LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pretty .ini output

Posted this  idea/modification for pretty output of .ini file in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange forum:

For better of worse we use .ini files to store a bunch of stuff.  For human consumption I like to align the equal signs in a given section like below (only displays properly with non-proportional fonts, obviously):

[section]

shortKey               = 1

veryLongKey         = 2

veryVeryLongKey = 3

Labview munges this format by removing excess whitespace and I fix this by changing the appropriate VIs in config.llb.  I have one for 7.1 and just had to redo it for 9.01.  Couldn't this be part of standard LV?  Attached is my mod for 9.01 with an "align (T) flag" added to the necessary VI(s) to make it optional, though I made the default not backwards compatible (i.e. false).   I also like to remove the open and close quote from the values, and don't like to remove the cr/lf from the last line. 

The three files in the attached .zip file could replace the equally named VIs in vi.lib/utility/config.llb, but be carefull when trying this out, i.e backup your original or don't overwite the NI files, by storing this somewhere else and linking to them.

Tried to attach a zip file but it seems it doesn't work over there, thus attaching it here instead.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,143 Views)
For others: let's keep the discussion in the Idea Exchange Thread rather than here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,110 Views)