LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure versus cranck angle encoder reading

woodi,

It will give you one scan per active edge of the encoder (rising edge is the default). Since a pulse has one of each type of edge, then it must also give you one scan per pulse. So, if the encoder really puts out one pulse per degree of crank angle, it would have to give you one scan per degree.

I laid out the explanation this way because not everyone describes encoder resolution consistently or means exactly the same thing by "pulse". If you don't end up with one scan per degree, the problem may be the way the encoder's resolution was defined. This is especially likely if your actual scans per rev are off by a factor of 2 or 4 from the expected value of 360.

Good luck!

-Kevin P.
CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,300 Views)

Hello everyone,

Im curious engine setup program in Labview. I have NI usb 6210  model data logger, kistler 6052C piezoelectric pressure sensor  and kübler sendix 500 encoder also kistler brand 5017A model amplifier...I would like make a program which to measure piston pressure vs cranck angle in a graph and to export datas in excell or text file...

Im studing and researching tutorials how can I learn this issue step by step?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(552 Views)

@serguc wrote:

I have NI usb 6210  model data logger, kistler 6052C piezoelectric pressure sensor  and kübler sendix 500 encoder also kistler brand 5017A model amplifier..

Is your hardware set up? I mean, sensors connected to DAQ board and encoder to shaft and so on?

Im studing and researching tutorials how can I learn this issue step by step?

My suggestion would be break your problem up into logical steps (in your mind, on paper, etc) and then try to solve them independently first. Once you have all the pieces, putting them together should be relatively easy.

Post on the forums with specific questions or difficulties you face, in a new thread for each question (and not in a 12 year old thread...)

Some example steps might include:

• Measure the angle using your encoder whilst turning the encoder with your fingers, and graph the result
  • Attach the encoder to the shaft and check it still works - the higher speed might be a problem if your code wasn't careful
  • Connect your sensor and amplifier to the DAQ board and make pressure measurements. Check that it is responsive to appropriate changes (perhaps pressing it between your fingers, perhaps hitting it with a hammer - I don't know the range of pressures expected but you should check before you pick up that hammer!)
  • Export random number data to Excel, or a text file.

and so on...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(548 Views)

hi 

i am working on 100% similar project,you might have done.

would you like to share your labview VI with me

Thanks in anticipation 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(368 Views)