LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure transducer

Hi,

I am using the NI cDAQ-9172 and NI 9205(AI + 10v) with pressure transducer OMEGA  model no PX309-001G5V,(pressure range 0-1 ,output 0-5v) to measure the pressure difference but It seems it is not working properly . I need your help to know how to connect the pressure transducer to NI 9205. Also I am not sure which option in terminal configuration in labview program should be chosen . there are options like RSE,NRSE,Differential and Pseudodifferential.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. (Shishij)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,230 Views)

Hello!

How have you tried connecting your device so far? Here is a link to another forum post that discusses how to connect a pressure transducer to a NI 9205:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Need-NI-9205-module-to-read-pressure-transducer/m-p/251663...

Also, the following article on field wirings provides great details about all of the different configurations that you can set up when connecting your device:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3344/en/

Thanks!

Stephanie S.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,178 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

You have mentioned :

Make sure, which wire is positive excitation (supply to transducer) and which one is poisitive signal (output of transducer).

In RSE mode:

Signal Out (+) = terminal 1 (AI0)

Commin = terminal 17 (COM)

and here my question is according to my pressure transducer model that has 3 wires red,black and white ,which one is positive signal or out and which one is commin?

I have posted some pictures from my device please check them and help me to run it properly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,148 Views)

and here my question is according to my pressure transducer model that has 3 wires red,black and white ,which one is positive signal or out and which one is commin?

Have you tried going to the Omega web site and looking at the spec sheet for the transducer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,134 Views)

Hello ,

Thanks again for your reply.

I checked the Omega website and I figured out about the different cables in transducer and as you said I connected the

In RSE mode:

Signal Out (+) = terminal 1 (AI0)

and positive and negative excitation to the power supply but I dont know what do you mean by "commin"

"Commin = terminal 17 (COM)"

So would you please explain it for me?

and tell me if I need any other connection to the NI 9205.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,096 Views)

The BLACK wire would be considered COM (common)

The RED wire (Excitation +)

The WHITE wire (Output +)

So in differential mode the WHITE wire will be (+) and the BLACK wire will be (-).  The BLACK wire also has to connect to the power supply (-).  The RED wire connects to the power supply (+).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,085 Views)

thanks for your reply.

I am  a little confused  I have recieved 2 different reply for differential mode .

what does it mean " in differential mode the WHITE wire will be (+) and the BLACK wire will be (-)" ?

Please tell me the black wire and white wire should be connected to which terminal?

How about the red wire?

please explain it clearly .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,059 Views)

Please tell me the black wire and white wire should be connected to which terminal?

How about the red wire?

please explain it clearly .

It depends on which DAQ channel you choose on where you will connect the wires.  Look at page 12 of the manual or when you create the channel in MAX look at the bottom of the page and you will see a few tabs.  Click on the tab that says connection diagram and it will show you where to put the wires for the channel you created.

WHITE wire will be (signal +) and the BLACK wire will be (signal -).  The BLACK wire also has to connect to the power supply (-).  The RED wire connects to the power supply (+).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,045 Views)