LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

potential bug report (LV 2011): new input/output not updated in help window

I take that back. I have even beaten my previous record: 2 inputs missing! Smiley Happy

 

test 3.JPG

 

And yes, that's a LV 2 global...

 

Note added: If this can help, when I started moving the terminals on the diagram (I just added the controls which were missing on the connector pane above), the icon recovered the correct number of connections.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 53
(571 Views)

I am seeing an similar problem, using LV 2011 on a 32 bit windows.

 

When I create a new VI, and connect the front panel items to the connector pane, all looks good.

Then I place the VI into the block diagram of another program, and there are no active notes for making

any connections...

 

No matter what I do, once this happens, I can not fix it.

 

So I copy the entire block diagram into a new vi, connect it up, save it, and then it works.

 

Seems to happen to me once out of every 4-8 times I create a new vi...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 53
(568 Views)

Forget about moving the terminals. This did not work on this one:

 

test 4.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 53
(552 Views)

Mine is Win Vista Home 64 bit.  It was not in a project.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 53
(547 Views)

I'll Chime in:

Yesterday, on Win7 enterprise SP1 32bit intel core2 Quad and LV 11.0(32-bit), I created a new vi in a project wired the con pane (but had not yet saved the changes to the vi) dropped the vi onto a new BD in the same project and could not wire to it.  I showed terninals and WHOAH! all white terminals (default 4-2-2-4 pattern never changed)

 

Had to save the v,i disconnect all, and rewire the con pane  to make it work.

 

While rewiring with terminals shown on the caller BD the con pane re-wiring was observed to take effect.  ---Not a insurmountable bug but lets get a CAR

 

EDIT: all controls I use are silver- I like them


"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 53
(535 Views)

Here is a variant.

I created a new VI from an empty event structure to which wires were connected and the connections did not suit me, so I swapped one of them using Ctrl-click from the old position to the new one (the lowest one in the list: I moved it to the bottom left corner).

This is what I got:

 

test.JPG

 

Just to say that it's not just when creating a new connection, but also when swapping one.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 53
(521 Views)

This is how it looks like (as it should have) after a little while...

 

test.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 53
(513 Views)

@ Jeff Bohrer: Wow, I discovered that indeed this is not just a Help window display problem but that the connector panes of the VI copies dropped on other VIs diagrams are not updated either.

 

Here is the VI with its connections incorrectly reported by the help window:

 

test 1.JPG

 

To clarify: I want "Graph 1 Parameters" to be the second input, "Graph 2 Parameters" the third and "Burst Array" the last. So I swapped inputs and if I select them on the front panel, they are highlighted at the desired location on the connector pane. The help window does not reflect this change, but I am getting used to that.

 

And here is the calling VI with the original connections still appearing OK, even though I swapped the inputs (as mentioned before):

 

test 2.JPG 

 

To clarify: The highlighted second connector should be "Graph 1 Parameters", but it still is "Burst Array"... which it should not. The diagram should be either broken or the wires should have been rerouted to their new inputs connectors!!!

 

In other words, the "Swapping" has not been reflected in the calling diagram!

That is not a annoying feature. I think that qualifies for SERIOUS BUG...

 

Note added: Workaround >> drop the VI again on the calling VI. It will now have the correct connectors. I did not try the universal "Ctrl-R" trick of Ravens Fan...

Message 18 of 53
(503 Views)

@ x

 

Well, at least I've never observed a bleached vi (right-click...Relink sub.vi)  This seams to be a new feature (unpublished to even the BETA testers) of 2011.  NICE feature- now fix it please.


"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 19 of 53
(497 Views)

Agreed.

 

Xavier,

 

I will second you in half a second for Beta testing!

 

An experienced critical eye just can not be beat. If you concider doing so you can by all means cite me as a reference.

 

Thank you for the time you have taken to report bugs!

 

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 20 of 53
(486 Views)