From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

potential bug report (LV 2011): new input/output not updated in help window

I had the same issue yesterday. Disconnecting and reconnecting the control from the terminal block did not help. I had to delete the control, create a new one and wire that up. The problem then cleared for me.

Regards,
Chris Vann
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 53
(1,575 Views)

Hey everyone,

I haven't been able to find any existing documentation of this particular bug. I know everyone's saying it's intermittant but does anyone have tips to reproduce it? I haven't been able to so far. I'd like to create a CAR and it will be much more likely to be worked on if we can find a way to reproduce it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 53
(1,556 Views)

Alisha,

it appears that this is a finicky bug: I (and others) notice the problem when I need to care about connectors on a connector pane that I am working on or having been working on recently. However, I have tried several times to create a new VI on purpose to post here to let anyone see the problem, and I have failed.

I would recommend trying to take a large existing project and continue developing it (or pretending to), by creating VIs, using them as subVIs, etc. Hopefully as some point you will realize...wait, my Help Window does not reflect the correct connections! And maybe even break your calling VI after you have swapped two inputs in the subVI and this has not been reflected in the calling diagram.

All I can say is: keep trying. Eventually you WILL succeed!

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 53
(1,552 Views)

You were so right - I DID succeed. Doesn't make it any less finicky, I guess, but it made me feel better about filing a CAR.

A CAR has been filed for this bug, folks 🙂

Message 44 of 53
(1,523 Views)

Congratulations... and good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 53
(1,521 Views)

What's the CAR ID for this?  I was trying to reproduce the same issue to file a CAR the other day, and was not able to.  Good to know somebody else did.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 53
(1,515 Views)

I just submitted it as CAR#318144.

Message 47 of 53
(1,483 Views)

2011 connector pane is a pain...

I too have seen this bug a half dozen times or so in the past couple of months and what I have found to be an easy way to chase it away is to right-click the offending terminal on the VI and make another selection under the "This Connection Is > Required/Recommended/Optional" menu and then change it back to what I really want to use. This, for me, has always been enough of a slap upside LabVIEW's head to get it to start paying attention to the terminal.

Message 48 of 53
(1,407 Views)

It's good to know. I'll keep this workaround in mind and will report on it when successfully tried. Hopefully this will be gone in LV 2012...

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 53
(1,385 Views)

Actually, I just checked and that doesn't work for me. Sorry... NI, you've got to solve this problem.

Edit: HOWEVER, I found out that if you switch the type of your indicator/control and switch it back, that solves the problem. But still...

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 53
(1,369 Views)