cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

positioning of elements in typedef cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a typedef cluster on my front panel containing  two different  typedef clusters. Each of them contain various types of controls and indicators. How can arrange all this elements everywhere in the front panel to make the user interface as obvious as possible for every user. 

Disconecting from typedef doesn't work...

I'm new in LabVIEW  and I apologize  for the ( probably) simple question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elimoon

Open the type def.

Re-arrange the elements the way you want.

Change from Type def to Strict type def.

File >>> apply Changes

Switch back to a normal typ def

Fille Apply changes

File >>>Save All

Exit the control editor.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 6
(2,602 Views)

@elimoon wrote:

Hi,

I have a typedef cluster on my front panel containing  two different  typedef clusters. Each of them contain various types of controls and indicators. How can arrange all this elements everywhere in the front panel to make the user interface as obvious as possible for every user. 

Disconecting from typedef doesn't work...

I'm new in LabVIEW  and I apologize  for the ( probably) simple question.

My guess is that two clusters just won't work in this situation.

If the controls\indicators in the clusters have overlapping bounds, one will block the other. Of course, if one contains controls, the other indicators, the indicator cluster can be send to the back, and the controls cluster can be made transparent. Still, pretty inconvenient.

You might need to rearrange so cluster are used for grouped elements, or simply work with all single elements, and use a by reference scheme to get\set values.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,592 Views)

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

I have tthis way but doesn't work...The problem is that in this way I can only reorder horizontally, not everywhere...What I wanted to do is using some decorations to have a kind of technical design of my program ( already done)  with all the controls in the right position.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,587 Views)

Check your Right-click >>> Auto-sizing setting for the cluster.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(2,580 Views)

You are right....now I see Autosizing and Apply changes as well..Hope this will solve all my problems, I will let you know

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,567 Views)