LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porblem in controlling 4200-scs with labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I want to integrate my 4200-SCS with other tools. I connected 4200-SCS with NI GPIB-USB-HS with my PC and tried control 4200 with the labview driver called KI 4200.vi downloaded from the web.

The program seems can run correctly  by the other guys.

However, I found the labview program can only run some  time and the SQR light turned green. The measured data displayed on KXCI. BUt the data can't read by the labview program. 

I attached the screens on KXCI and the labview program.

Any one could help me to solve the problem ? 
Thanks very much!
Best Regards!
Ertao 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,091 Views)

Hi ethu,

as long as you only attach some images from your setup and monitor screen the only suggestion is: debug your VI to find the problem!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,055 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks very much for your reply!

I'm new in labview.

I downloaded the labview program  from the link:

https://www.tek.com/en/support/software/driver/4200-scs-labview-lv-version-7-driver-beta-release-25m...

I also attached the program. It is supposed to run correctly. 

I used the program to test a 5 KOhm resistance. On the Kxci screen from the graph, the correct resistance value can be obtained. so I feel the setting should be correct. However, the data can't be read by the labview program. I don't know why. 

I'm also wondering whether the GPIB-USB cable (GPIB-USB-HS from NI) used by me is correct or not. 

The program is too complicated for me. could you kindly give me some support ?

Thanks you again!

Best regards!

ertao

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,047 Views)

Hi ethu,

@ethu wrote:

https://www.tek.com/en/support/software/driver/4200-scs-labview-lv-version-7-driver-beta-release-25m...

Oh boy, that VI is old. Very old. And badly written…

(I don't think it will "run correctly" on modern hardware. Maybe it will still run on original NI GPIB hardware…)

@ethu wrote:

I used the program to test a 5 KOhm resistance. On the Kxci screen from the graph, the correct resistance value can be obtained. so I feel the setting should be correct. However, the data can't be read by the labview program. I don't know why. 

What is shown in the "error out" indicator after you start your VI and press the Quit button?

@ethu wrote:

I'm new in labview.

The program is too complicated for me.

Then you should start with all those Training resources offered in the header of the LabVIEW board. Really!

@ethu wrote:

I'm also wondering whether the GPIB-USB cable (GPIB-USB-HS from NI) used by me is correct or not. 

Can you verify the GPIB port using the testpanels in MAX?

Did you set the correct GPIB address for your device in that test VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,036 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks very much for your reply!

@GerdW wrote:

Hi ethu,

@ethu wrote:

Oh boy, that VI is old. Very old. And badly written…

(I don't think it will "run correctly" on modern hardware. Maybe it will still run on original NI GPIB hardware…)

Though I have been trying hardly to learn labview, I still can't write a new program at my level. Hence, I have to find some examples on the web.  I found two programs on the web. The other one is attached as well. 

@ethu wrote:

What is shown in the "error out" indicator after you start your VI and press the Quit button?

In fact, no errors were shown in the VI. the only thing happened is the SRQ light turned green on the KXCI, and the "Run graphics mode" button in the VI can't work. Then, I have to press the quit button and restart the KXCI. I highlighted the  execution process and found problems happened at the Wait for RQS.vi. 

@ethu wrote:

I'm new in labview.

The program is too complicated for me.

Then you should start with all those Training resources offered in the header of the LabVIEW board. Really!

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I have learned some basic knowledge about Labview. But, it's realy not enough to solve the practical engineering problems. I should learn more and practice more. 

@ethu wrote:

Can you verify the GPIB port using the testpanels in MAX?

Did you set the correct GPIB address for your device in that test VI?

I tested the commands through testpanels in Max. The command can be sent to 4200. The screens are attached. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,023 Views)

Hi ethu,

@ethu wrote:
In fact, no errors were shown in the VI. the only thing happened is the SRQ light turned green on the KXCI, and the "Run graphics mode" button in the VI can't work. Then, I have to press the quit button and restart the KXCI. I highlighted the  execution process and found problems happened at the Wait for RQS.vi. 

You should/can NOT run your VI in parallel with that KXCI tool! There should only be on instance controlling your external device…

There is an error shown in your images: as it seems right at starting the initialization!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,014 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi ethu,

@ethu wrote:

You should/can NOT run your VI in parallel with that KXCI tool! There should only be on instance controlling your external device…

Did you mean I should wait until the finish of the execution process? then press the buttons in Vi?

There is an error shown in your images: as it seems right at starting the initialization!

I'll check the setting. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ethu

problem fixed! Just use the KUSB-488B cable. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(964 Views)