LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot length on x axis

In my application I am acquiring waveform data(amplitude and time) from my hardware for a certain duration and storing it in a binary file. At the end of it the user has to input length. Now I want to use this length as my x axis and plot the amplitude data I acquired earlier on y axis. For example, if the user enter length as 10, I want whatever amplitude data I acquired earlier to be plotted from length 0 to 10.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,879 Views)

Hi

I have the following questions:

1. Is the 'length' information saved in the file, along with the waveform data?

2. Are you reading the from the file and then plotting on the graph or is the data plotted while being written into the file?

3. Is the length in units of time or samples? that is, if length is ten, does it mean 0 to 10 seconds of data or 0 to 10 samples of data?

4. what is the sampling rate for your data?

5. are you writing the waveform data type into the binary file or are you writing a 2D array of amplitude and time information?

6. Could you post your code so that we can understand the requirement better?

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,869 Views)

Hi,

I am attaching a vi with this post.

The flow will be:

1. Acquisition of data for which I already have the attached vi.I am writing the voltage data and time data to a file in my acquisition program.

2. After the acquisition, 'length' information will be entered by the user in meters.

3. then comes evaluation. In evaluation mode, the program is supposed to plot a graph of length against voltage. For example, if the user has entered 10m, and the data acquired is for 30 mins, I want all the amplitudes for that 30 mins on y axis(which are stored in the file) against 0 to 10m on x axis and then store it in to another file.

i am also attachin the supporting vi's

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,846 Views)

and my sampling frequency is 100k. can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,830 Views)

Where are the other two VIs and the Ctl? ie Acquire, Process and MainDataCtl

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,796 Views)

Plot your data as a waveform that starts at 0 with an interval of length/(number points-1).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,791 Views)

could you please send me a 2009 version compatible vi?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,775 Views)
Message 8 of 10
(2,761 Views)

Thank you very much sir

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,757 Views)

I have this vi. I want to use x axis as my length.

I am attaching the vi as well as a sample file which I am reading in the vi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,735 Views)