LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot from txt file and questions about ploting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone, I 'm trying to plot an xy graph from a txt file and I am having some problems. I am attaching the program and and the txt file I am working on, keep in mind that it is prety basic, can anyone tell me what's wrong? Also any more information about plotting would be useful as well, for example can I plot from a machine in real time (I 'm also attaching the file I use for comunication with the machine) also is there a way to remove a line that is not in the top of the file ? . thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,362 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChGeorge

Reading Plot Data

1.  Your file is using two spaces as the delimited.  Change that to be a tab.

2.  You should index on the COLUM, not the row.

DAS

1.  Write the file inside of the loop.  Be sure to open/create the file before the loop and close the file after the loop.  This will allow you to eliminate the shift register and save you a lot of memory.

2.  If you want to plot data, I recommend using a chart.  That way you just have to wire in the last value once you converted it to a numeric.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,339 Views)

Thank you changing the things you said helped a lot. Unfortunately thought I couldn't change the delimited in the saving file (I did that in the plotting one), do you know how I can change the delimited in the program I attached? Also is there a way to delete lines in the middle of the file based on key words or something like that ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,318 Views)