Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plant simulator.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everyone!

i am an  rookie in lavbview,

i want to make a PID tank control,and i have already  installed some tools about  PID control,but i just can not find the“plant simulator.vi” .

the picture is the appearance of the  plant simulator.vi” .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,149 Views)

There is no "plant simulator.vi" available in the LV example finder, at least not in LV 2014.

But, there is an example called "Power Plant.vi", which requires the "Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit" or the "Control Design and Simulation Module".

Maybe you want to look into the "PID with Noise Plant.vi" which has no requirements regarding modules/toolkits in LV 2014 (many PID functions have been moved to the Full Development license).

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,142 Views)

i'm much obliged to you.i am trying right now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author changewell

The Plant Simulator is not part of the API and it does not show on the palette. It ships as an VI that is part of the examples so we can demonstrate the PID capability. It is just a first-order model with delay (and some other features). If you want, you can copy/paste this VI into your diagram and change the parameters, but keep in mind that this is not a supported function it can change in the future.

Now, if you really want to create a model of the system, please look into the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module. This module would allow you to describe the tank as differential equations and caption more complex systems (like a spherical or tubular tank). Also, there are some examples demonstrating how to control a tank. If you use the word "Tank" in example finder's search, you will see several examples with it, including the Surge Tank from the PID examples.

Note: if you are using the academic version of LabVIEW (for Student or University Site License), it should have the Control Design and Simulation Module as part of the package.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,110 Views)

thank you very much !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,082 Views)