From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

place an image on the block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

It's hard to tell from the picture, but either you can paste an image right over your code, or those other two wires arent connected to anything.

But I'm assuming that its the former of the two options.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35
(1,299 Views)
I think if they were disconnected wires, they'd show up as broken.  My guess is there is some sort of label that contains only spaces overlaying those wires.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(1,280 Views)

Cory and Ravens,

Of course you are right, the wires are hidden (I have used an image of the BD)... This is obvious. So the challenge is elsewere : is it possible to make the wires visible ? 😉

Message Edité par chilly charly le 01-11-2009 06:10 PM
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(1,270 Views)

I did not figure out the answer to your question CC.
But I did figure out that only the wires are hidden by images,
functions can be moved above/below the image.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(1,256 Views)

Cory K a écrit:

That's it ! It is not possible to have an image as true background on a block diagram. The wires are always hidden (except if the image contains transparent regions). I don't think this is the way things should work, so it's probably a bug.

Message 25 of 35
(1,247 Views)

Go ahead and report it!

Lets see if it gets fixed before or after the copy form the hiarchy screen bug. (and I did not think cob-webs could grow in a spread sheet).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35
(1,231 Views)

Ben a écrit:

Go ahead and report it!

Lets see if it gets fixed before or after the copy form the hiarchy screen bug. (and I did not think cob-webs could grow in a spread sheet).

Done... waiting for a CAR... 😉

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(1,207 Views)

chilly charly wrote:

Cory K a écrit:

That's it ! It is not possible to have an image as true background on a block diagram. The wires are always hidden (except if the image contains transparent regions). I don't think this is the way things should work, so it's probably a bug.

So now that it has been reported...

NOTE to NI R&D

Removing the ability to add an image to the diagram is NOT a viable fix. Smiley Surprised

If we have to choose, between geeting the bug reported by CC fixed and having the ability to include images, we can live with the bug.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 28 of 35
(1,205 Views)

Hi chilly charly,

Did you already report this, and if so, what is the CAR # (so I can add Ben's request to the CAR notes)?

Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(1,176 Views)

Jeremy_B a écrit:

Did you already report this, and if so, what is the CAR # (so I can add Ben's request to the CAR notes)?

Hi Jeremy,
Reported on the January bug list. No car yet.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(1,162 Views)