From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picoimage files

Reattaching the same file doesn't help.

If someone wrote a LabVIEW program to create this file, then I suggest you talk to them.  No one here is going to be familiar with a program that someone else wrote.

It is very odd that someone would create a file that has a 9 character file extension.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,566 Views)

It is Tray-explorer software.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,563 Views)

That does look like it was done in LabVIEW, at least the graphs look like it.

Give them a call and find out what the file format is.

LabVIEW can certainly open the file, just like that LabVIEW program was able to create it.  But it is a binary file that is a sequence of bytes.  That order won't mean anything to anybody except to that company who decided how they'd save their data into a file they decided to give a ridiculously long .picoimage file extension.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,554 Views)

OK,thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,549 Views)
Hi, Has that picoimage something to do with PicoImages created by agilent devices for AFM (Atomic Force Microscope)?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,533 Views)

NO.It has nothing to do with AFM.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,513 Views)

Then you will probably have to ask the person that created the software that wrote the file. Unless the data is in a standardized or known Format, there is no way to tell what each byte in the data file represents and how the datas are sorted. The view of the Fiale in Notepad++ doesn't shows very few human readeable/comprehensible words. Its like trying to read a book in chineese without speaking chinese and without having any translation mean. Unless your chinese of course, u wont understand much.

If your just interrested into getting back the data of that particular file, there are still some patterns visible in the hex dump of the file, letting suggest that a lot of serial data has been saved in serial order, starting with HEx: 5C FF which woulg give somethinglike -164as int16. The numbers seem to follow them selfs, and that would be a good point to start gettin the data back. If what u want is create a process that will analyse any file, then it is still better to have the proper format of that file from the original owner/creator.

Hope that helps

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,497 Views)

OK,Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,493 Views)

"Its like trying to read a book in chineese without speaking chinese and without having any translation mean. Unless your chinese of course, u wont understand much."

Ok i did not see your name at first , that comes out with chineese characters, so i suppose that you are actually chineese Smiley Frustrated, and so my example was bad , but that could apply in any other language and i guess u get the idea.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,484 Views)

I know,it doesn't matter.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,479 Views)