From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picking certain regions on stl file

Hi,

I am currently working on a project where I need to pick certain regions on an stl file, add color to it, and interpolate the color in the regions where there was no selection made.

So, at first, I would just like to know on how to pick/choose certain regions from a stl file and display it.

Kindly help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,633 Views)

Hi nushabala,

Could you give us a little more detail about your application? For what purpose are you coloring your STL file? How are you planning on selecting regions of the STL file?

I did find this White Paper about connecting sensor data to 3D modeling: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7335/en/. If you do not have sensor's collecting data, you could potentially simulate a sensor device. Regardless, I would recommend taking a look at this page because it does discuss the 3D Picture and Control Helpers pallet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,594 Views)

Hi,

I am working on parametric imaging of blood vessels. I want to select certain region of the 3D stl file, color it and then interpolate the color on the rest of the regions which were not picked.

At the moment I am just looking at picking certain regions and displaying it. Once, I get that, I will work on the further process.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,577 Views)

Did you have a chance to take a look at the White Paper I linked above? The paper describes how you can use (simulated) sensors to select parts of your stl file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,544 Views)