From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permutations of a 6! numerically

Solved!
Go to solution

This is a good one...

Would be a nice coding challenge 😉   To do it nicely that is...

Message 11 of 57
(1,539 Views)

Then you're challenged! 😉

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 57
(1,527 Views)

I built something similar to this once when I was trying to recover a lost password from an Excel spreadsheet (using ActiveX to open the spreadsheet with the new password).

It worked well, but the password was about 10 characters so I never manager to brute force it!

Will see if I can dig it up (prob not as it was at a previous employer...)

Message 13 of 57
(1,520 Views)

would really apreciate the help if you can find it 😄

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 57
(1,516 Views)

Hm, besides that the question itself sounds a bit like: "how do i implement a brute force algorithm using LabVIEW?", i have to ask:

Is the length of the string always equal to the number of possible characters?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 57
(1,511 Views)

Hi Norbert,

i think it don't have to. 🙂

@Norbert B wrote:

... "how do i implement a brute force algorithm using LabVIEW?", i have to ask:

Norbert

Do you think if this is the question, then we shouldn't help and he should write the code himself?? 😉

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 57
(1,517 Views)

it is an attempt to break an encryption a friend has sent me. I suspect it is 6 characters long from a hint, i have tried 1 character to 5 by hand to no success, and i thought a program for six, seven etc... would be logical. i was then going to scan for a key word from the resultant decryption - but that bit i've already figured out how to do.

Six character will be fine for now, seven i hope can be made by expanding the program at a later date if needed.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 57
(1,515 Views)

😞

its only a bit of fun, but the output will be handy for my research rather oddly!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 57
(1,513 Views)

Hi John,

why to change it later. The "challenge winner" should be able to handle whatever is needed!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 57
(1,512 Views)

i think it can be done by perhaps logical sequences, 

IF A is used then character B is true for second character, if not A

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 57
(1,497 Views)