From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak detection/DAQ

Hi! I am new in LabView.

I try to solve a problem with a peak detection in signal. I use BNC-2110.

This is my input signal - graph above show just digitized signal, and graph under - signal with "mean".

I have found 2 suitable .VI. They found peaks, but in simulate signal. I have try to change this program for using DAQ-Date as input signal. But it was not successful, I have become many errors etc.

Can you advise me, where is a problem?

With best regards, Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,977 Views)

Alex,

First, the BNC-2110 is just a connector package, not a DAQ device.  The actual DAQ device may be a card installed inside the computer.

Are you able to acquire a signal? If so, just use the Peaks_ermitteln2.vi as a subVI.  Wire the data acquired to the "amplitude" control.

To use your VI as a subVI, you must define a connector pane (sometimes called a conpane), and assign controls and indicators to it.  That is the way data moves in and out of subVIs.

If you are not able to acquire a signal, please post your DAQ VI along with an explanation of the errors you see.

The sliding cursor and the beeps when a peak is found are nice user interface touches.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,935 Views)

Hi Alex_Polyakov,

Lynn is absolutely right. The best way is to use the examples in the example finder and his VI's.

Post your VI if you have problem with it.

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,912 Views)

Hi Lynn and Stefan!

Thanks for the answer!

But I have one dummy question - how can I use in this Example a Date from DAQ(PCI 6023E) instead of Simulated Signal?

With best regards, Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,902 Views)

In this Example )

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,901 Views)

Hi Alex,

look for "peak" in the search window and now you can find the "Peak Detector.vi" or the "Waveform Peak Detection.vi".

Click on drop and then you can wire it with your DAQ Assistant VI or s.th. else.

Hope i've solved your problem 😉

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,878 Views)

🙂 I now about this peak detectors, but they show very many peaks instead of 1 😞

And in this Program (peaks_ermittlen) it was very good realized. But I don't understand, how can I change the type of Input Signal.

In this pic I have to draw, what i measure must - Time between 2 peaks 🙂

With best regards, Alex

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,874 Views)

Alex,

Increase the threshold to about -0.84 and perhaps the width parameter.  There are many kinds and shapes of peaks.  The signal you are showing is rather complicated so the default parameters may not work well for that signal.  You have to make adjustments based on your signal and your requirements.  No one can really do that for you because you are the only one who knows what is important about your signals.

The valleys (negative peaks) below -0.847 seem to be relatively clean and consistent. (With one exception).  Perhpas you find the big valley then find the first peak after that.  This would eliminate the little peaks after the plateaus near -0.842.  This is a two step process but may be much more robust.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,850 Views)