From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci gpib driver status error

I'm trying to set one of my labmates up to control a tds724d scope via a pci gpib card, but am not having any luck.  My code didn't work, so I tried the example code, and it gives me a driver status error.  Any suggestions on how to start finding the bug?  Thx.  Jonathan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,567 Views)

I realize that I should add some more info- I can't find any info on the card itself, but it is an NI card.  I am using driver version:

with Labview 8.2 on XP

I can get an idn query response in MAX, but all the applications give errors. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,563 Views)
Do you think you could possibly provide the actual error code? Without that, all someone could do is guess and that's not a very productive way to solve problems. Any why can't you provide any info on the card? Do you not have access to the pc? Info on the card is in MAX and in windows device manager.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,558 Views)

the error code is

the properties option in max just says "PCI-GPIB" and serial # 01099e61

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,560 Views)

Assuming NI, the card is a PCI-GPIB. Smiley Wink

The error ( Unknown system error (miscellaneous error).), doesn't say much. I would recomend doing the test of the card in MAX and see what happens there. Since MAX does not use VISA for instrument communication, you might have a problem with that though if NI-VISA was not installed at all, you would have a different error code. Is the instrument driver a native LabVIEW driver or are you using an IVI driver? IVI would recquire the IVI Compliance Package installed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,541 Views)