From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci-6713 not detected by DAQmx

My Windows 98 computer has a PCI-6713 board running as a Traditional DAQ. However, it is not being recognized as a DAQmx device. However, a PCI-6036E device that I plugged in was recognized as both a Traditional and a DAQmx device by MAX, which is exactly the desired behaviour. How do I get DAQmx functionality on my PCI-6713 board? I have VIs written in Traditional DAQ for the PCI-6713 board that I still want to use, but I want to write new VIs using DAQmx.

Thanks in advance for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,469 Views)

I don't think that DAQmx VIs support Traditional DAQ devices.

You may also ask your question in this forum:  http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=250

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,465 Views)

Hi Aniruddha,

Thanks for posting to the NI discussion forums. Unfortunately, JoeLabView is correct.  Your PCI-6713 is not supported in NI-DAQmx for Win 98, and so you can only use Traditional NI-DAQ VIs to program this device.  The PCI-6036e is supported by both NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ for Win 98.  This is why  the PCI-6036e can be seen as both a NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ device in MAX and the PCI-6713 is only seen as a Traditional NI-DAQ device.

This information can be found in the readme for the latest driver version supported on Win 98.

By visiting the NI-DAQ Driver Support: PCI/PXI Devices page, and looking at support for the NI 6713 you can see that NI-DAQmx support was added for the NI 6713 starting with NI-DAQmx 7.5 supported for Windows NT.

Jared T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,445 Views)