From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pause elapsed time

Hi all,

anyone have idea to pause the elasped time express vi?

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,964 Views)
Hello,

I took the subVi of the Time Elapsed VI and I've added a button control (Stop) ... if you want to included as the Time Elapsed express VI then you have to think that the value should be transfer as a reference and not as a simple variable, or it could work with a global variable.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,958 Views)
Hi, Oriana...

Can I just pause the time elapsed vi but not stop it?

with regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,940 Views)
If you include that as subVi into a while loop then you can stop/start the timer as many times as you want ... because the controlers/indicators if are not initialised keep theires values.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,937 Views)
Hi, Oriana...

You help me so much~ Thanks for your reply 🙂

Best regard
Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,922 Views)

Hello Oriana,

I have the same Problem like @. I want to Pause the elapsed time express VI. Can you give me an example with the outer while loop? I use LabView 8.5.1.

Thanks

Ice1984

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,474 Views)

Fins solution here

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,594 Views)

@sardarsree wrote:

Fins solution here

I am sure RafelK will be happy to find the solution after 8 years 😉 Specially since he was last time logged in in 2014...

By the way, I do not like the solution from the CLD preparation material which you just attached. Much more compact to program your own FGV with shift registers.

Message 8 of 10
(4,581 Views)

Can anyone help me to understand the meaning of True case function of pause mode?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,748 Views)

When paused, keep track of how much time in Pause so it doesn't affect the total elapsed time when calculated from Now - Start Time.   ???

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,736 Views)