LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pattern recognition vi using cRIO input

Hi there,

can anyone help me. I have found a great example in LabVIEW for using pattern recognition for fault detection and I am hoping to implement this into my project at work but I am stuck. Basically, the idea of the example is that it would read in a signal and decide whether it is a fault or not. I want to replace the example simulated signal (Gaussian White Noise.vi) with an input from my cRIO. I would like the 'fault' to be an event or footstep detected (my sensors are geophones) and no fault to be no event/footstep. I have attached my vi. as well. I have gone thorugh the vi again and again but I am lost as to why it will not read from my signal.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,336 Views)

Hi kelOb,

I had a quick peek at your custom VI for outputting a signal to the Fault Detection with Pattern Recognition example VI. You seem to initialise an array within the loop and then add elements to it. You should aim for initialising an array only once, outside of the loop, and then adding elements to it within the for loop.

I attached a snippet of the suggested approach with regards to building an array. Also note that Gaussian White Noise.vi will by default output 128 samples (an array with 128 elements) and in your case the array will only contain as many elements as the times your loop ran (which is specified by the mode num control). 

Cheers

Mark N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,283 Views)

Brilliant Mark,

Thank you so much! I shall have a look at that now 🙂

Kelly

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3