LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path error in "Append VI List of SubVIs to report.vi"

Hello all!

I’ve been working on a quite big project for my university and they would like a report of some kind of the project. This should be more of a documentation of the project. So my thought was to use the report functions to create html-files for the VI’s in the project. One part of the html-file would be the list of subVI used by each VI. This is where I run into problems. I get the list of subVI’s but don’t get the icons.  

The following code:

current function.jpg

Generates the following html-page:

result from current function.jpg

Notice how the image links are broken. After investigating the report VI’s I found some problems with the code in a lower level. Opening up the subVI’s as follow:

20479i64D64C88BE7127B2

The problem seems to be that the structure on filenames differs from the function creating the icon picture (marked as 1), and the function writing them to the report (marked as 2).

Filename’s on image’s created at point 1

Filename’s being append to htlm-file at point 3

Application_Directoryi.jpg

Application_Directoryi.jpg

NI__report_lvclass_New_Reporti.jpg

NI_report_New_Reporti.jpg

NI__ReportGenerationCore_lvlib_Append_VI_List_of_SubVIs_to_Report_(path)i.jpg

NI_ReportGenerationCore_Append_VI_List_of_SubVIs_to_Report_(path)i.jpg

NI__ReportGenerationCore_lvlib_Append_VI_List_of_SubVIs_to_Reporti.jpg

NI_ReportGenerationCore_Append_VI_List_of_SubVIs_to_Reporti.jpg

Notice how they differ with double underscore’s after NI on the real image files.

I think this is something that should be corrected.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,261 Views)

I am not sure if this is a solution for your problem but there is an another way to make an HTML report of your VI directory.

Go to Labview Examples and then call "print LLB HTML.vi" maybe it helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,252 Views)

Thanks for the tip.

Tried it and it works okay.

Unfortunately I will be including some custom links in the HTML page. Don't see a way of including that with this function.

Is there a way of doing that without using the report tools?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,241 Views)

If the links are about the VIs or about the function which in the VI so you can just copy the link and put it in the VI Properties. VI-Property -> Documentation. The link will also be appear in the context help window and in the HTML.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,237 Views)