From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing data around in labview

Goal

To generate a piece of data in an event and then use that data elswhere in my code

The only way I know of doing this is to make an indicator, then make it invisible
and then either reference the control via a property node or local variable.

Is there anyway to store the data without using an invisble control or indicator?

Thanks
Tim C.
1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,556 Views)

If the data to transfer is not that big, you can use queque or notifier to transfer the data.  This is useful when you apply the Producer-Consumer pattern in you code, where you use queue or notifier to transfer settings between the producer and consumer loop.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,544 Views)

You can also use a functional global, i.e. a VI storing the data in an un-initialized shift register.

And don't forget the event structure. You can generate your own event to post data to an eventstructure.

Jan

www.endevo.se

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,533 Views)
>> Is there anyway to store the data without using an invisble control or indicator?

Read  through this thread and you may get some ideas :

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=263926

Raghunathan
Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,378 Views)