LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing accumulation data from dll

Hi Sir/Madam,

I have tried to search the NI forum, but could not find something that can solve my queries.

I have to interface a sensors that provide with a dll. There's no problem with interfacing most of the function, but only this particular one(see attachment).
It require a passing of pointers of "accumulation" of struct.

Hope someone can help me.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,522 Views)
There a few tools that you can use.  You can open the example finder and search for a VI called Call DLL.  Once you run this application, it shows the mapping of all LabVIEW data types to external data types and how they are used.  There are also examples.  Depending on your version of LabVIEW, you can go to Tools >> Import >> Shared Library (dll)... and pass it the header file for the DLL and LabVIEW will automatically create wrappers for the functions.  If you know the data type that the pointer is referencing, you can create an array of those data types and feed that into the Call Library Function Node.vi.
Message 2 of 4
(2,503 Views)

@brian R wrote:
Depending on your version of LabVIEW, you can go to Tools >> Import >> Shared Library (dll)... and pass it the header file for the DLL and LabVIEW will automatically create wrappers for the functions.  If you know the data type that the pointer is referencing, you can create an array of those data types and feed that into the Call Library Function Node.vi.

Brian,

I am using LV7.1, does not seems to have import shared library function, is there any alternative?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,485 Views)
I didn't make a try to call that DLL function.
But from the DLL description I would expect that passing a 1D array of SGL as "OutBuffer" will do.
The number of elements of this array should be passed to the parameter "NumOutBuffer".
Hope it works, Guenter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,473 Views)