LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page file crash

Hello,

I have a vi that previously ran fine for about 8 months. It is part of an automated test in a production line.  Its basic functionality is to measure and calculate some RF results based on mesurements from a real time spectrum analyzer.  When I try to run the vi now it crashes windows,  I suspected the PC at first and tried another.  while it did not crash this pc, it still caused problems.   I am approaching the problem now as if there is a hardware failure with one of the GPIB controlled instruments, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences where a labview error has caused a "blue screen" windows crash because of GPIB communication?  and if so what steps should I use to handle errors in future software such that they don t cause such errors with the OS.

Thanks,

Al
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,317 Views)

Ok, I fixed the problem,  the PC was absolutely full of cookies and other junk (I don t understand why people feel the need to install google toolbar with everything they DL....) and the communications analyzer had some fragmentation on its cache drive.   I am still curious for future reference though, how can I program in error handling in LV that will alert me of a potential OS crash?  Or is this even possible?

Thanks,

AL

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,303 Views)
Hi Labstew,

Unfortunately, since LabVIEW.exe is a process that is started by Windows, there really isn't any way to detect if there is some crash occurring or about to occurr at the operating system level.

Anyhow, I'm glad that cleaning up the PC helped resolve this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,291 Views)