From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paallel port

Solved!
Go to solution

i am jiju i have no more ideas about Labview , please help me i want to run 5 LEDs in parallel port controlling with labview (Push button) or i want on/off these ports i mean ' 0' and ' 1' how can i open parallel port for my application ? please give me ideas please.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,559 Views)

Hi,

In order to write on the parallel port, you can use the Out Port.vi found in Connectivity>>Port I/O palette.

You  can find an example in your Labview directory : labview\examples\portaccess\parallel port examples.llb

Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

Message 2 of 14
(3,553 Views)

I din't got oupt put from this ports , please help me, i am using labview 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,548 Views)

Hi,

Parallel port can function in 3 modes namely: SPP,EPP, ECP.  For your application the parallel port should be set to SPP.  This setting can be done in BIOS Setup while the system boots up.  The default BIOS configuration these days is ECP.

With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 4 of 14
(3,541 Views)

in my motherboard only these settings Bidirectional ,ECP,EPP, ECP&EPP , default setting is Bidirectional,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,522 Views)

help me

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,520 Views)

Hi,

The parallel port is bidirectional.  So configure the data port to Output mode first and then write the data.

Check the address that you have wired to outport.vi, if it is decimal type then check if it is equivalent to hex value of the data port address.

With regards,
JK
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,515 Views)

i am using this program but this is not working

please give me one example for Labview 8.5,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,509 Views)

The vi you have posted is just a simulation! It doesnt access the hardware at all!!!!

First get an idea on the fundamental of parallel port and how to access it.  Then take a look into the example vi:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.x\examples\portaccess\parallel port examples.llb\Parallel Port Read and Write Loop.vi"

With regards,
JK
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,504 Views)

how can i configure the data port to Output mode?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,501 Views)