LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pH Neutralization

Hi i'm new to LabVIEW. I have a Vernier SensorDAQ board connected to a Tacmina pump and a pH sensor probe which then connect to the computer. I need to maintain a buffer solution at pH 7, the pump is connected to two solution, Citric acid(pH4) and Sodium Carbonate(pH10). When the pH increase or decrease, signal will send to the pump to neutralize it automatically (two inlet and one outlet to the pump). I have already created a code to detect pH but i do not know how to create code for pump and automation. How do i create a code for it using LabVIEW?  Please advice me. Send pictures or word document please.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,122 Views)

Hi Kimmy,

How do i create a code for it using LabVIEW?

By programming!?

When the pH increase or decrease, signal will send to the pump to neutralize it automatically (two inlet and one outlet to the pump).

Something like:

IF pH > 8 then pump(acid)
IF pH < 6 then pump(base)

Think about the use (and value) of a hysteresis for such simple control schemes…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,119 Views)

the general solution should be a PID controller, which tries to maintain a specific setpoint.

there is no general solution, mostly you try to find the right parameters for your systems either by try-and-error or e.g. ziegler-nichols.

seeing your code, i would also recommend you to get through some labview tutorials,

have a look at the top of the forum, there are some links.

and possibly get rid of all the express VIs.

most definately try to follow the data-flow paradigm (which at least means, data goes into the left, data comes out of the right).

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,118 Views)