cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overwrite tdms file property names and values

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to overwrite  property names and values for a tdms file. Using "TDMS set property" function, new property are appended and not overwritten. How can I solve this?

Thanks,

Arianna

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(1,654 Views)

Hello,

I need to overwrite property names and values of a tdms file. Using "TDMS set property" new property are appended. Is there a way to implement this?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(1,591 Views)

@Arianna24 wrote:

Hello,

I need to overwrite  property names and values for a tdms file. Using "TDMS set property" function, new property are appended and not overwritten. How can I solve this?

Thanks,

Arianna

First of all, why have you asked the same question twice? 

Next, can you share an example code that you are having problems with? The TDMS set property function works fine to overwrite the property for me, so perhaps you are doing something incorrectly. This would be much easier to find if you attached your vi (or a minimal vi that exhibits the problem).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(1,636 Views)

one detail to be carefull about is "property of what"

pay attention to which combination of group & channel you link your properties to.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(1,617 Views)

Hello,

sorry for the double question, I had some problem with the spam report. I attached the vi now. Thank for the fast response

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(1,613 Views)

@Arianna24 wrote:

Hello,

sorry for the double question, I had some problem with the spam report. I attached the vi now. Thank for the fast response

Can you save this to a previous version? I have not yet upgraded to LabVIEW 2020.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(1,607 Views)

I need to modify property only at data set level.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(1,605 Views)

Here the vi 19.00 version. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(1,598 Views)

Could you also attach an example tdms file and populate your controls with default data?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(1,589 Views)

Here the file, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(1,573 Views)