LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overvoltage protection pxi4461

Hello,

the specification of the pxi4461 DSA device gives different values for input overvoltage protection and input common mode range  in subject to the terminal configuration and the gain.  Both, terminal configuration and gain are software selectable. So can anybody  give me a tip which values are used at configuration time or when all measurement tasks are cleared? I hope the highest +-42.4Vpk.

Thanks for your help.

MOD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,344 Views)
From the NI Dynamic Signal Acquisition Help:

"The NI PXI-446X is automatically configured for differential mode when powered on or when power is removed from the device. This configuration protects the 50 Ω resistor on the signal ground."

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,329 Views)
At first thanks for your quick reply Jochen. But in the specification their are also several "Input Common Mode Range" values  in respect to gain released.
+-12V for gain >=0 differential mode    (with warnings, that overvoltage can damage the device)
+-42.4 V for Gain <0 differential mode (with warnings, that overvoltage can damage the device)

The Problem is, that I use the PCI 4461 card in a test sequencer and that I use different modes in reference to the corresponding measurement. So if I interprete your answer right, the pci 4461 card is after every cleared measurement task in differential mode. At which gain? Sorry but I read the specification very precise and havent found a characterisation.

Thanks one more for your help

With best regards

MOD 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,323 Views)